A mature yet ever changing market, where product life cycles are measured in decades. The ability to track the costs, and therefore profitability, of all phases of product life cycle is vital. With the costs of a finished aircraft running into tens of millions and the profit margins being under ever greater scrutiny and pressure, focus is being placed on supply chain integration to drive down costs and timescales. These large scale investments, needed to bring a new product to market and often involving third party and government assistance, require complex regulatory costing models to be adhered to.
In these market conditions Aerospace companies are typically focussing on:
- Global, demand driven, planning and replenishment systems
- Increased collaboration with customers and suppliers
- Integrating order book and purchasing schedules up and down the supply chain
- Centralising back office administration
- Cost collection by product line & work type
- Innovative billing arrangements such as 'Fly by the Hour'
- Driving towards 100% on time, zero reject deliveries to customers