This ‘desired state’ considers the level of maturity required across the three governance levels of Portfolio, Programme and Project. Against this, we consider the five related areas necessary to achieve excellence in delivery:
- Governance: Portfolio, Programme, Project, risk, assurance, PMO
- People: leadership, capability, skills, commitment
- Process: management, control, resources, delivery
- Tools: management, planning, control, content, collaboration
- Information: dashboards, decision support, alerts, visibility
The end result is a road map across these areas that provides a realistic and actionable plan for transforming the capability of your PPM organisation. It defines opportunities for both short-term wins and medium to long-term sustained improvement. Included is a set of improvement programmes and projects, together with a set of succinct business cases, agreed with you, for the investments necessary.